~when everything seems like it's falling apart, that's when God is putting things together just the way He wants it~ (unknown)
RSS

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Enjoy Aja : Between The Creativity & The Consistency

 Picture is taken from : my own drawing


Topic starter : Thursday, December 30, 2010 (7:07 pm)

I've just realized something which is actually kinda an important thing for me to train myself in the area which I'm really lack of, ahahaha..

It's about the kind of drawing I make lately when it relates to "name" drawing, or I call it as decorative letters, I'm not quite sure how to name it anyway, haha :p

As the decorative letters itself, it's a good thing for my creativity (as you can see from the above picture, the one I mention about is the "Nikki" part), although come to think of it, it's more like putting faces within the letters, ahahaha.. sometimes it stucks and take some time to actually finish that "creativity" part, especially when I'm not in the mood to :p

As for the outer part of the drawing, which I call as "borders" or "frames", that's an easier part cause I only have to pick one form (from the example it's like a ribbon or butterfly) and repeat it for the rest of the frames.. but.. although this is an easier part, at times this is the one that takes longer to finish it cause I need to do it carefully and not having a mistake cause I can't cover it into another shape, unlike the decorative letters which have no patterns so that you can do no wrong about it :p

Making this "frame" taught me a lot about consistency and soo many times I felt so bored having to do the same thing over and over again until it's all done, huhuhu..

But I think it's a good way for me to exercise and maybe I should start doing it without having to wait for the "mood" to come my way.

Hmm.. let's just hope I can do it :)

Topic ended : Thursday, December 30, 2010 (7:22 pm)

-Indah-

0 raindrops:

Post a Comment

thank you for coming and reading.. would love to hear your thoughts on the related post ;)