~when everything seems like it's falling apart, that's when God is putting things together just the way He wants it~ (unknown)
RSS

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Books : Anne of Avonlea

 
Gambar diambil dari :
http://contentcafe.btol.com/Jacket/Jacket.aspx?SysID=buymusic&CustID=bt0109&Key=%200531169790&Type=L&Return=1

Topic starter : Kamis, 11 Februari 2010 (11:48 am)

Aahh.. masih pengen sharing quotes from books, kemaren gua nemuin buku catatan gua yang isinya kalimat2 bagus yang gua dapat dari buku yang gua baca, ahahaha.. walau isinya sih baru 3 buku aja, hihihi.. yang yang banyaaaakk itu cuman dari 1 buku, sepertinya emang nulis2 githuan tuh mood2an yaa, wakakakakak :p

Okayy.. here's from "Anne of Avonlea" by L.M. Montgomery

(page 32)

There is some good in every person if you can find it. It's a teacher's duty to find and develop it.

=> Hmm.. isn't it true? There's a goodness in each person's heart, problem is.. are we willing to dig deep enough for find it? ;)

(page 61)

I'd like to add some beauty to life. I don't exactly want to make people know more.. though I know that is the noblest ambition.. but I'd love to make them have a pleasanter time because of me.. to have some little joy or happy thoughts that would never have existed if I hadn't been born.

=> ayy ayy.. don't you just lovee Anne for that?! ^o^

(page 77)

"It was the truth and I believe in telling the truth to everybody."

"But you don't tell the whole truth, you only tell the disagreeable part of the truth. Now you've told me a dozen times that my hair was red, but you've never once told me that I had a nice nose!"

"I daresay you know it without any telling."

"I know I have red hair, too, although it's much darker than it used to be.. so there's no need of telling me that either."

=> wakakakakak.. wakakakakak.. part ini bikin gua tertawa walau sebenernya kalo dipikir2 lebih dalam, ini sebenernya rada ironis and mungkin cerminan dari kebanyakan di antara kita juga ya? Betapa kita itu lebih gampang melontarkan hal2 buruk tentang orang lain tapii pelit bangets ama yang namanya muji, huehehehehe :p

(page 92)

But punishments are so horrid and I like to imagine only pleasant things. There are so many unpleasant things in the world already that there is no use of imagining anymore.

=> Annee.. I'm with you! Totallyy!! Ahahahaha.. now I know why I lovee youu so much, girl!! ;) *don't change, otree? don't ever change!* (and it is possible for you not to change since you only live in imagination, huehehehe :p)

(page 95)

Dora is too good. She'd behave just as well if there wasn't a soul to tell her what to do. She was born already brought up, so she doesn't need us and I think we always love best people who need us. Davy needs us badly.

=> hmm.. sebenernya rada ngga adil juga sih yaa buat Dora, hikss.. tapii.. emang kalo ama Davy itu lebih berasa lively sementara ama Dora, life is soo predicatable, gregetnya udah ngga ada :p

(page 97)

If you weren't married, people called you an old maid. And if you were, your husband bossed you but if you were a widow there'd be no danger of either!

=> wakakakakak.. and kalimat di atas itu adalah keinginan anak umur 10 tahun!! Ahahahahaha..

(page 143)

"You see, teacher, it's just 3 years today since my little mother died. It's such a long, long time but it hurts as just as much as ever.. and I miss her just as much as ever. Sometimes it seems to me that I just can't bear it, it hurts so."

"And yet, you wouldn't want it to stop hurting.. you wouldn't want to forget your little mother even if you could."

=> percakapan antara Anne dengan anak muridnya, Paul Irving, itu begitu menyentuh, hiks hikss.. kerasa bangets betapa tuh anak masih merasakan kehilangan ibunya :'(

(page 149)

We all make mistake, dear, so just put it behind you. We should regret our mistake and learn from them but never carry them forward into the future with us.

=> oohh wooww.. isn't that a powerful saying? Perlu diinget2!!

(page 170)

"You'll probably have a good many more and more disappointments than that before you get through life, it seems to me, Anne, that you are never going to outgrow your fashion of setting your heart so on things and then crashing down into despair because you don't get them."

"I know I'm too much inclined that way. When I think something nice is going to happen, I seem to fly right up on the wings of anticipation and then the first thing I realize, I drop down to earth with a thud. But really, Marilla, the flying part is glorious as long as it lasts.. it's like soaring through a sunset. I think it almost pays for the thud."

"Well, maybe it does. I'd rather walk calmly along and do without both flying and thud. But everybody has her own way of living."

=> huehehehe.. honestlyy.. gua ngerasa kesindir di bagian ini, ahahaha.. karena I pretty much can relate myself to Marilla, ahahaha :p Yupp.. tiap hal emang ada konsekuensinya lha yauu.. I might have saved myself from feeling the world's greatest pains (lebayy, ahahaha) but as a consequence.. I also prevent myself from feeling the greatest joy one can have! Aaarrrgghh..

(page 185)

I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.

=> and gua pun terpesona akan kata2 ituu.. ngga hanya karena terjalin dengan manisnya tapi juga karena sarat makna boo! Simple little pleasures.. itu yang lebih mungkin terjadi everyday, not a grand thing that we should look for to be able to feel grateful karena yang grand2 itu biasanya JARANG sekalee terjadii :p

(page 224)

People who are different from other people are always called peculiar.

=> ehh.. peculiar artinya apa sih? Nanya dulu aahh :D

(page 232)

People say I'm odd but it's just because I follow my own way of being an old maid and refuse to copy the traditional pattern.

=> huehehehe.. padahal yaa boo.. follow your own way itu salah satu cara menuju kebahagiaan daripada maksain diri berjalan di jalan yang udah ada yang ngga sesuai dengan diri elo ;) Soo.. who's the odd ones here? Ahahaha :p

~.*.~

Well.. masih ada beberapa lagi sih tapii.. gua capee ngetiknya, ahahaha :p

Jadii.. mo baca2 aja dhee ^o^

Daahh..

Topic ended : 11 Februari 2010 (12:29 pm)

-Indah-
the soul traveller

0 raindrops:

Post a Comment

thank you for coming and reading.. would love to hear your thoughts on the related post ;)